Sleep Number - Extreme wait times on hold, deceptive return policies
Hi - I actually felt like the Sleep Number gave me the best night's sleep ever.My wife however, the worst, even with the expensive mechanical/massaging bases.
So, after 30 days we called to return it. I waited on hold for over 30 minutes only to hear that their system was being updated and that, while they took my information down, I'd have to call back in two weeks to get the return pick up scheduled. Sigh. So I've just gotten off the phone with Sleep Number.
I was on hold for over 25 minutes. I took a screen crab of my iPhone to show the wait time on their 1-888-411-2188 number. Then the surprise - only the mattress has a 100 day trial - NOT the bases. The bases were $4,300.
The representative immediately, as if well versed in hearing the shock customers have when they learn they're stuck with a Sleep Number base: 'It says clearly on the sales receipt sir!' She clearly has to tell people this all the time. At no time in the sales process for what was a total mattress/base package of $9,218 did the sales representative at the store say the base was non-returnable.
The phone rep rifled off another longer list of where this is disclosed 'on a poster at the check out counter', on a 'poster on the wall', 'in our commercials.' This is a blatant deceptive practice by Sleep Number to 'over market' their generous '100 Day Trial' with ZERO mention, other than the 'fine print', that it does not include the bases.We are beyond angry.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Return policy
- Extreme wait times on hold
- Terrible sales rep in store
- Rude phone rep
- Deceptive return policy on bases
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sleep Number Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase. We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "I have had my bed for approximately 2 yrs. The right side hangs off the side about 3 in the middle Has an abyss about 4 inches wide 5 inches..."
- "This company failed to send me the correct framing equipment TWICE. The people on the phone do not understand their product or what pieces need to go with what..."
- "Nobel Van Lines! I moved my household goods from Southern Florida. I was beyond outraged when two movers (an older man and a young kid) showed up at..."
- "I love Ritz crackers but this box I bought is extra salty I can't eat them slow down the salt down I never had a salty box..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I now deeply regret not having checked first with the BBB in South Florida prior to doing business with City Furniture. Turns out the BBB has over 300 unresolved complaints..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."