Sleep Number - Extreme wait times on hold, deceptive return policies

363 of 671 Sleep Number reviews

Hi - I actually felt like the Sleep Number gave me the best night's sleep ever.My wife however, the worst, even with the expensive mechanical/massaging bases.

So, after 30 days we called to return it. I waited on hold for over 30 minutes only to hear that their system was being updated and that, while they took my information down, I'd have to call back in two weeks to get the return pick up scheduled. Sigh. So I've just gotten off the phone with Sleep Number.

I was on hold for over 25 minutes. I took a screen crab of my iPhone to show the wait time on their 1-888-411-2188 number. Then the surprise - only the mattress has a 100 day trial - NOT the bases. The bases were $4,300.

The representative immediately, as if well versed in hearing the shock customers have when they learn they're stuck with a Sleep Number base: 'It says clearly on the sales receipt sir!' She clearly has to tell people this all the time. At no time in the sales process for what was a total mattress/base package of $9,218 did the sales representative at the store say the base was non-returnable.

The phone rep rifled off another longer list of where this is disclosed 'on a poster at the check out counter', on a 'poster on the wall', 'in our commercials.' This is a blatant deceptive practice by Sleep Number to 'over market' their generous '100 Day Trial' with ZERO mention, other than the 'fine print', that it does not include the bases.We are beyond angry.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Return policy
    • Extreme wait times on hold
    • Terrible sales rep in store
    • Rude phone rep
    • Deceptive return policy on bases

Reason of review:
Sleep Number Mattress
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #736465

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sleep Number? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
363 of 671 Sleep Number reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 29 #1119636

Wow. Sorry about your experience. I've been a sales person at Sleep Number fo almost 4 years and had only 1 customer ever say that. We (in our store and district in California) disclose this upfront and have you initial on the sales receipt (about 3 pages) to make sure you understand. The bases are very heavy duty. Though it may be little consolation you can use any other mattress or maufacturer on that base. Further, escalate the issue and stay on it as you may get it resolved to an acceptable outcome. It is posted in the store a few places, online and on the receipt (contract). That said your salesperson should be very upfront about this and explain why before you buy. Some customers I havehad to turn away as they were not comfortable with this. Most bed companies regardless of what the salesperson may say have very restrictive return or exchange policies on high end and/or custom items. As I hear this from folks who have bought other brands only to find they can't return them. We offer the very best products and solutions in the industry and there is no reason to mislead anyone. Again, sorry about your experience. About half my sales come from referrals of customers so we want them happy and well treated.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sleep Number. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sleep Number.
Filing a new complaint about
×