Hi - I actually felt like the Sleep Number gave me the best night's sleep ever.My wife however, the worst, even with the expensive mechanical/massaging bases.
So, after 30 days we called to return it. I waited on hold for over 30 minutes only to hear that their system was being updated and that, while they took my information down, I'd have to call back in two weeks to get the return pick up scheduled. Sigh. So I've just gotten off the phone with Sleep Number.
I was on hold for over 25 minutes. I took a screen crab of my iPhone to show the wait time on their 1-888-411-2188 number. Then the surprise - only the mattress has a 100 day trial - NOT the bases. The bases were $4,300.
The representative immediately, as if well versed in hearing the shock customers have when they learn they're stuck with a Sleep Number base: 'It says clearly on the sales receipt sir!' She clearly has to tell people this all the time. At no time in the sales process for what was a total mattress/base package of $9,218 did the sales representative at the store say the base was non-returnable.
The phone rep rifled off another longer list of where this is disclosed 'on a poster at the check out counter', on a 'poster on the wall', 'in our commercials.' This is a blatant deceptive practice by Sleep Number to 'over market' their generous '100 Day Trial' with ZERO mention, other than the 'fine print', that it does not include the bases.We are beyond angry.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Return policy
- Extreme wait times on hold
- Terrible sales rep in store
- Rude phone rep
- Deceptive return policy on bases
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sleep Number Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago. After 2 yrs the leather started peeling. Now the entire sectional is peeling. Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed...."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "Even thro this happened years ago the scars still tinder. I purchased five pair of New Balance shoes, remember they were the only running shoe offering widths, two 585's, a..."
- "We had a wonderful experience with pictures in gold when they made a custom police star pendent for my daughters 30th birthdayShe loves it and won't take it offThe quality..."
- "Be very cautious. This on-line company goes by a few names: Flower Delivery Express, Wesley Barry Flowers, American Floral Delivery, and Flowers - Nationwide.Ordered for Valentines Day: A floral..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."