We spent approximately $6,000 on our bed and bedding from Sleep Number/Select Comfort.With that kind of money, and the touting of the sales team about how wonderful it was, we expected to call customer service if we ever needed them and it would be an instant live person, phone calls answered, maybe messages returned, however, that is not at all what we have experienced.

The bed is great, no complaints there (yet). The mattress cover is horrible and will not allow our sheets to stay on the mattress so thats a constant issue. However the big issue I have at this point is actually reaching customer service. I recently went back and bought an air-cool adjustable pillow in king size.

The problem with buying a king pillow is that the stores, for whatever reason, do not stock them, so you have to order them in. I waited about two weeks before my pillow finally arrived. I opened it up, ready to go to bed that evening and found that it was the wrong pillow. Now at $400 for a pillow, and after telling the sales man, EXACTLY what I wanted and going through the back and forth of "so you want this?" "no, I want this." "okay, so this pillow here is what you want in a king?" "yes, the traditional classic shape, NOT the contour." "okay great, the classic shape, not the contour." And low and behold, the contour shows up.

I call the store to report the issue to "Joe." He tells me I have to call customer support and get them to send me a shipping label and return the pillow and wait again for my, hopefully, correct pillow. I have tried to reach customer support for over a week, multiple times a day, during business hours, out of business hours, etc. and no one has ever answered the phone. I have spent up to an hour on hold with the "our representatives are currently assisting other customers, we will be with you as soon as possible." Now, after an hour on hold, and a number of 30 min hold sessions, either there are just THAT many dissatisfied customers or they have one customer service guy who can't handle his job.

Joe, the sales guy, tells me I can't return the pillow to the store because they don't stock the king size pillows.

So here I am, stuck with a pillow I dont want and out the $400 for it all because I cannot reach the customer service support people because they dont answer the phone.There is also no way to leave a message.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sleep Number. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sleep Number.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Sleep Number to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Sleep Number?

Comments