map-marker Rocklin, California

Refusal to return mattress after the 100 days even with serious issues and efforts to ride it out

June 10,2024:

I called today, to request a return of our Queen mattress. It has been protected and cared for.

My husband and my needs are different, him having back surgery and myself with hip surgery. We thought the adjustment of the bed sides would be helpful. We have the queen mattress. The adjustment of the sides (60 & 40) creates a "falling " into each other at night.

Besides that, I wake up groggy and dizzy to the point that I have to sit for a minute before getting up.

This has never happened .We have not had problems when we travel on other mattresses. That is something that concerns me when you are dizzy upon rising and it is not medically related. Perhaps an allergic reaction to something in the mattress?

We had an organic mattress prior to sleepumber for 20 yrs. It was great and we will go back to organic again, based on my unresolved issues with sleep number, regardless of "no return".

I am disappointed they could not satisfy my concerns. We thought the sleep number was a solution for us. The client support and her supervisor could not authorize the return after 100 days, regardless of my cited conditions. This is not good customer accommodation.

I don't fault the client support but the company accommodation policy. Be wary...the 100 day policy is "written in stone"

The supervisor, suggested an "air chamber lift" under the bed which lifts the trenching area an inch. Seems like another added product to correct a faulty problem and an unlikely, unsatisfying solution at the cost of $143.01.

I understand protocol , but we had a business for 26 yrs and there are always conditions and resolutions.

The customer is always right...especially when it comes to health and proper sleep.

I will not recommend the sleep number mattress to anyone I know based on my revelations with a no return policy after 100 days, and "no flexibility" on returns.

If the mattress is so wonderful, Sleep Number, would be more accommodating with returns. You should not have to buy foam air chamber lifts to solve problems inherent in the mattress.

Regards,

User's recommendation: Do your research. Set in Stone ,,no returns after 100 days. Buy Organic.

Glorious Rkk

Excruciatingly poor customer service

Sleep Number - Excruciatingly poor customer service
Sleep Number - Excruciatingly poor customer service - Image 2

They tell you if youre not happy with the purchase all of it is refundable in store then after the trial period debt returns on the adjustable base. They go against their own contract they say they had me sign when clearly it is not my name or initials(for reference CS are my initals)and take ANY signature as yours.

My roommate was with me and they cant admit they made a mistake of having her sign it for me without my permission and doesnt change that I was never presented with or read the contract. During a customer service call I was told they provide unsigned copies of contracts to customers (which I didnt know before) sure enough they did! Which seems shady in itself. I have been dealing with this for about 6 months now, never get a call back when they say they will call you back and you get to explain your story every time you call to a new person because you can never get the same person twice.

Returned the mattress because it was ridiculously hard and even with adjustments to the lowest number was uncomfortable as could be.

Dont let the smoke screen they put on to get to you. Theyll shove you out the door as soon as theyre done with getting your money and move on to their next victim.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Rushing staff members
  • Uncomfortable mattresses
  • Customer service is disgusting

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay far far away from these shady business practices

LisaO

Verified Reviewer

Not willing to stand behind their product

I have spent thousands of dollars on two new Sleep Number beds with adjustable bases. I also purchased a king-size upholstered headboard.

From the beginning, I had problems with the king-size bed and headboard. After countless hours on the phone with customer service representatives who told me they don't accept returns of headboards, I had many service calls on the mattress and compressor. They actually delivered all new mattress parts and rebuilt the mattress in my bedroom. The features I bought the Flex Base for randomly work.

They finally broke down after several months and sent a technician to check out the headboard. They determined it was defective, and they returned it. On the other hand, they continued to have me call customer service until the warranty was up. The next time I called, they told me that only the manufacturer could help me now.

I tried calling Leggett and Platt, using the number they gave me, and spoke to a woman who needed information I didn't readily have. She told me to call her back between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. from Monday through Friday...

How convenient for me, when I work the same hours! I tried calling her back and couldn't leave a voicemail. I tried again another day and was able to get her voicemail... but I never heard back from her.

Owning these expensive beds that don't work has become a job. It's a killer because I'm still paying for a product that doesn't work.

I expected to get a product that worked as advertised. It's fraud, and I am still paying for it.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Air beds are comfortable
Cons:
  • Technology does not work and its very expensive

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't buy from sleep number

albert g Zvn

| map-marker Fort Worth, Texas

Won’t cover manufacturing warranty without a fee

We bought two full-size and a king size with a split in the middle for a recliner base. However, the split in the middle has opened up to 6 inches, large enough that I could fit a baby inside the gap.

I called customer support to find out it was a cover that they haven't changed, said the customer support lady, that it would cost me $556 to get a service technician to replace it. She said that this was covered under warranty. My question is, if this $5K mattress is under warranty, why do I have to pay and continue to do so every two years for this cover because of its poor design? I will never buy this product again or let others make the same mistake I did.

I had a mattress that cost me $1K and it had a better warranty than this load of crap they call a mattress. We must let other people know before they fall into their trap.

bobby v Lhb

Very poor customer service

I was moving from an apartment to a house. Paid the $500 plus upfront for them to come out and take my bed apart and put it together at the new house.

I had a schedule for them to put the bed back together the next day but in the afternoon, they called at 8 am saying they were on the way and advised that we needed them in the afternoon the movers were starting at 7:30 am and the bed will be there by 10 am So they reschedule for a week later, on that date they called and said that the employee that was doing my bed called off, and I would have to wait another week to get the bed put together. At that time, I asked for a credit due to I was sleeping on a blowup mattress that I had purchased. Mind you, I had neck and back surgery last year and was advised to get the bed for comfort. The rep advised she was going to credit the charges they had for putting the bed back together.

I agreed to, and we made the appointment for the following we to put the bed together. On that date they came and told me they didn't feel comfortable putting the bed together due to it missing the floor protectors I advised the rep that took it apart only gave me the pump and the legs to the bed, So they had me rescue again this time I got Chuck who advised me it will be another week to have someone come out and that there was a simple video that shows how to put it together. So he gave me the info and called my brothers, who were able to put the bed back together. When I called Sleep Numbers to inform them I had the bed together and wanted to know how the credit plus the refund goes, I was told seeing I had the bed put back together myself they were canceling the credit and would process the refund.

At that point I told them they lost me if they were giving credit, and then you don't do the work the math adds up to the credit due plus the refund which I was told would not happen so now two weeks later and after four calls no one can tell me where my money is all I get is they have to transfer me to someone else. I'm like terrible customer service

Loss:
Pros:
  • Bed is good it does what they say and it is comfortable
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: what I was promised, was a credit for the inconvenience of buying and sleeping on a blowup mattress for three weeks due to their blunder and a refund for work they didn't do .

User's recommendation: Don't buy, if you ever have an issue, you will get the run around if something gose wrong

Sherral Xls

| map-marker Port Clinton, Ohio

Waited for a rep

Cant find someone to speak with about my sleep number bed. The remote keeps showing er. I have followed all the steps to fix the problem many times.

User's recommendation: The bed doesn’t change the air number

Stacee P Rln

Verified Reviewer

Horrible bed and horrible company.

Steer clear of this company spent $10k on a bed that is absolutely awful. I was told I would need to buy another $500 mattress pad to make it more comfortable. I will never spend another dime on this company and I will make sure my friends and family know of my experience.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service
  • Price and product

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY A SLEEP NUMBER BED

Featured
gary c Bbw

Verified Reviewer

Bed is horrible and poor customer service

Sleep Number - Bed is horrible and poor customer service
Sleep Number - Bed is horrible and poor customer service - Image 2
Sleep Number - Bed is horrible and poor customer service - Image 3
Sleep Number - Bed is horrible and poor customer service - Image 4
Sleep Number - Bed is horrible and poor customer service - Image 5
Sleep Number - Bed is horrible and poor customer service - Image 6
Original review Aug 21, 2023

I received the bed at the beginning of November 2021. First, I'm would like to explain why I purchased the bed.

I'm a disabled combat veteran with many injuries. I suffered from my 22 years in the army. My body constantly hurts, so I do anything to help mitigate the pain. I had I hope for this product be needless to say it has made my pain worse.

I have contacted customer service many times about the problem this bed is causing. The air mattress is coming off the bed, and I was told that for them to come and fix it is would cost another $300-$400.

I have been told by my Pain Management Doctor, Chiropractor and Massage Therapist I need to get rid of this bed because it is not doing my body any good. Since, I have tried everything to fix without any positive outcomes

Loss:
Cons:
  • Very disappointing
  • Product or customer service
  • Magnet on bedding is torn

Marnee Wkq

Verified Buyer

Keep waiting for our bed and it never comes

Sleep Number - Keep waiting for our bed and it never comes
Sleep Number - Keep waiting for our bed and it never comes - Image 2

On January 26 2024 we went to sleep number store and purchased a King PSE 360 smart bed. They said that they could deliver it on Feb 19 but it so happened that I was going to have to go to Texas for the month to put my Dad in a VA Home and Hospice.

So that is my fault. But with the Bed thing going as it is we probably wouldnt have gotten it anyway. So the next delivery was supposed to be on March 5, guess what...they didn't show but that afternoon i got a text on my phone saying that they were in the area. So they were suppose to come between 4:30 and 7:30.

Well 7:30 came and went and still no bed. So i called the phone number that the text came from and talked to that person about our delivery. He said there was something lost from shipping but couldn't tell me anything else. So the next text came,with the next delivery date.

March 19, and again between 4:30 and 7:30. Of course AGAIN... they didn't show. They said that they were Short a technician and the couldn't make it because they have to have 2 Tech's on every delivery.

So I talked to a supervisor for the Delivery Team and she said that she would look into what was going on. Ok, now we get a text the next day saying we would receive our bed on March 25th. The Supervisor called that morning and said she was going to keep me aware what was going on. So NOW AGAIN...on the 25th they didn't show, IMAGINE THAT,THEY DIDNT SHOW..,...

Now I'm getting real pissed off because as Manny stores there are in this company you can't tell me that which oever part or whatever, couldn't be Over night Freight? Now their talking May 7th... I believe that this will call for a FULL REFUND!!! I've about had it with all the run around excuses and District Managers not responding to my texts.

This district manager doesn't know CRAP about Customer Service.

As far as that goes the whole company don't give a crap about their customers. They should shut down Period.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: I would definetly not recommend this company if you want your things within 3months. I wouldn't recommend there CUSTOMER SERVICE....

Trevor L Keo

Sleep Number - Payment - Image 2
Sleep Number - Payment - Image 3
Sleep Number - Payment - Image 4
Sleep Number - Payment - Image 5
I need help: On January 1,2024 I bought a Sleep Number at the El Paso Texas store (Fountains at Farrah) Order Number: 950******** / Account Name: 6034 62** **21 8341. By mistake I sent payment to this address 1001 Third Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55404. On March 1, 2024 the check was cashed but was not reflected. I need to recover the $420.00 No Check 2028**** / Confirmation # VXPSH-KMVHB. I hope you can help me. Thank you
Loveda Vae
map-marker Parker, Colorado

I bed sucks and so does customer service!! I’ll never purchase again!

I moved. Paid 250.00 to have bed set back up. Never worked! Came back out, paid 240.00. For new part. Doesnt work!!! Can not get any help!!!

User's recommendation: Don’t purchase!

Alison V Geg

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Incorrect order

Updated by user Mar 31, 2024

Absolutely atrocious. Will tell everyone I know to steer clear of this company

Original review Mar 24, 2024
I purchased a sleep number bed last week. I asked for a queen bed and was planning on using my existing frame.

I was told the bed needed a solid box spring. Mine was not so I asked to add that to my order. I opted for the financing and was told I needed to spend $3000 in total and I hadn't reached that yet so several other items were purchased. Not for the need, just to hit the financing mark.

At the end of the sale I asked that I be contacted prior to deliver due to our address. GPS of our actual address does not bring you to our home. I was notified the delivery was on the way however no one called. I ended up having to chase down the driver in my vehicle.

Then no box spring was delivered even though I had ordered one.I contacted the office and individual that took my sale. She apologized and said she forgot to put it in the order. I contacted customer service. Truly the worst case manager I have ever had to deal with.

He said it was our fault, not theirs and he would have to charge us for the box spring. If the order was done correctly, I wouldn't have needed to buy a bunch of items I didn't need. The only other option is for me to drive an hour, return all of it and then order the box spring. Me having to deal with your mistake.

He was extremely rude and unprofessional. When I asked to speak with his supervisor he said they don't talk to customers.

I had just sent three family members to the store to get your beds. I will definitely be telling them to reconsider and I will be returning everything if I can not get some kind of resolution.

User's recommendation: Just don't.

Kerry T Uqy

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Requested service technician

I agreed to have a service call needing assistance with my 360 sleep number bought in 2019 in Murfreesboro TN store. The tech arrived as scheduled.

Explained that the left side mattress would not hold air. Tech advised after placing a plastic cap and pumping up to 100 to lay on mattress to check if problem was with air chamber or the air pump. Instructed to call either way so sleep number would know how to fix mattress. Tech was here for a few minutes and left.

I called customer support and spoke with Dee. Advised Dee the mattress air bladder leaked almost to zero air. He gave me warranty credit and would have mattress insert mailed shortly. I asked when would the tech return to finish the service call.

Dee stated that I would be charged another service call for tech to replace my mattress part. That seems unfair business practice to charge $169 for first call and didnt fix anything but a lets see what the problem to get fixed. I had no issues with paying service call but my problem wasnt fixed. Only trial to see what was needed.

I dont understand why I have to pay another service call to have mattress fixed. I requested service technician due to not being able to fix myself. Now I have the replacement and not sure what I need to replace. Dee forward information on how to replace.

I also viewed some YouTube videos and I will try to fix. Which gets me back to why I paid for service technician for someone to help me. I basically paid $169 for a penny piece of plastic. Wow your service help really STINKS.

This is my second sleep number and my LAST.

My two sister in laws bought sleep number beds after I purchased mine. I am sure they wont like how your company treats loyal customers.

Kerry Thorpe

2257 Red Mile Road

Murfreesboro TN

615-598-****

Loss:
Pros:
  • Works correctly you get great sleep result
Cons:
  • Awful with no air

Preferred solution: Have my mattress inserted by technician to be sure it is fixed.

User's recommendation: Beware of requests for service that will actually be double charged.

map-marker Morgantown, Pennsylvania

*** after sale service

We've had our king bed for 15 or 20 years and are happy with it. Customer service however is another story.

I've had to wait anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or so for someone to speak with to purchase replacement edge foam for our mattress and then go through the arduous process of creating a customer file which they somehow could not find. A week ago after enduring the interminable waits at least two times (not including the times I gave up and hung up), I ordered the foam and was told I would see it in 7 to 10 business days and that I could follow the shipment with the tracking number. After a week, there is no number posted and I am not waiting around again to find out why. Secondly, a few years after purchase we tried to get replacement controls four ours as the LCD readouts were shot.

I was told that I'd have to replace the compressor and that with consideration for the remaining warranty it would only cost $172.00. What?! I just need the LCD's replaced not the whole compressor system. We opted to forgo the numbers and have done quite well.

Again, the bed is fine, the attention to customer service is atrocious. Buy the bed but abandon hope of service after the purchase.

Sleep Number Reply:
Your visit was to an Independent Store location that simply carries our brand of product. Pricing is set by the owners of the various locales and may vary. Ownership team has been updated about the experience at their store location - The retail stores that carry our products are all privately owned and independently operated so the first course of action is always to contact the ownership team of the location when issues or concerns may arise. Our intention is to ensure that all customers who purchase the Forever Flawless brand of products have a wonderful experience regardless of where the purchase occurs. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority so should you have any questions at all our customer service team may be reached at (470) 545-3577, Monday - Friday 9:30 am - 5:30 PM EST.
Pros:
  • Bed
Cons:
  • Lack of timely response
Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Sandra M Jsr
map-marker Littleton, Colorado

They couldn't be bothered.

Went into the store at 7301 S Santa Fe Dr Suite 528, Littleton, CO 80120. Greeted when my family entered.

Was hounded and asked the same question three times. "How do you know about sleep number?" After explaining we did not know anything about the beds we were pointed to a display of bed types. Small little square that I guess were different patterns? When I asked what the beds were made of, I got a snippy answer.

"They are air pressure with a padding". When asked how the bases and the beds work. I received another snippy answer. "You pick your mattress then if you can afford it a base." When I asked about the sleep number.

"Oh well you touched the screen and we dont have the password so it will be locked out for a very long time. We will have to call customer support." So, you are telling me with a starting price of 2,000.00 you only have one bed that will tell you your number and no one in the store is allowed to have the password to that one machine? I guess only specific numbers can buy beds? After that we just stood there awkwardly waiting.

After the sales rep just kept looking at us with an irritated look, we head to the door.

No thanks for coming, no good by, no hope to see you soon. Then the other rep sitting at the desk just gave us a dirty look and also said nothing.

Pros:
  • No information provided by the store
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Absolutely nothing from you folks. Husband and I will shop somewhere else. I haven't felt that disrespected since I was a teenager. I was really looking forward to the new 360 cooling bed that I kept seeing advertised.

User's recommendation: Save your time and money. Shop some where they actually want your business.

James S Ezq

Verified Reviewer

Base not staying in desired position

Ive had a sleep number bed for a while, over 20 years. The one I have now started acting up. The base, for whatever reason wouldnt stay in the upright position. It started to lower by itself. I couldnt find the paperwork on the bed, but the representative was most helpful. She walked me through the reset and so far so good. Hopefully that was all it was.

User's recommendation: It’s a great bed. But like every thing, things act up over the years.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article