2.0
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 19

They came and picked up the bed. Now just waiting for the refund to show up on the card.

Update by user Sep 19

Sleep number finally showed up and took our bed and it has been resolved.Just waiting for our money to be refunded.

The worst experience was customer service.

Telling you things are going to happen but doesn't give you a warm fuzzy.I'm just glad it's over.

Original review posted by user Sep 18

The salesman Dan continually told us that the only problem with the adjustable bed not fitting was a slay bed and a bed with drawers at the bottom.We took him measurements and photos because our concern was that with the cushioned headboard it would not work.

He stated it would work and if it didn't he would take care of us. When the bed showed up I told the setup Techs that the salesman put them on the spot by saying they would make it work. I told them we didn't think it would because of the padded headboard. They put the adjustable frame in and it was damaged.

See photo. They continued with the setup even though we had concerns about it working. They put the mattress together and you could clear see it was going to be too tight during the setup. They continued.

When completed we raised the bed and lowered it and sure enough it would not go all the way down because of the padded headboard. I immediately called the store manager and reported what happened and our past experience with giving Dan the information and him assuring it will fit. She was surprised because she said Dan is very good with measurements. She asked if I wanted them to take the entire bed or did we want to keep the mattress and get just a standard bed frame.

I explained I paid the almost 10k for the adjustable and that's what I really wanted so they could take it back. The Lead Tech said he would have to reschedule to come and pick it up because they couldn't take it then. They originally scheduled the pick up for 11-21-2017. We found this unacceptable and they pulled it in to 9-19-2017.

We were concerned about hem taking the adjustable frame because it states in there return policy it is not returnable. They stated that it would not be a problem. As time went on and we talked with the Store Manager and the Customer Service Department, it seemed that they were going to pick up everything and it was in their notes on our account. They also said that nothing has been charged to our credit card and nothing would be because we didn't sign for anything.

Now at almost pick up time our card has been charged and we received a statement that they are picking up everything but the adjustable bed. Here it is the day before and we can't get hold of Lisa, the manager at Customer Service and she promised she would follow up today 9-18-2907. So here we are all stressed out that they are not going to take the adjustable bed after we tried to tell them we didn't think it would work but they assisted it would. Even after trying to tell the setup Techs they continued to continue with the setup without even checking before doing the install.

Now it seems that we will be stuck with a almost 4k adjustable bed that we can't use.

And it has damage.I feel like they didn't take it know this was a way to stick it to us and make us keep the adjustable bed.

Review about: Sleep Number Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Bed and adjustable frame.

I didn't like: Insisted it would work and didnt and cant return.

Had an Experience with Sleep Number?

Comments

aliens_amoung_us

What a horrible experience for you.I have had a Select Number for about 20 years now (on the second one) and I guess I've been lucky both times, haven't had a single problem with either one.

I only gave the first one to a family member when they needed a spare bed, and they still have my original.

Maybe they aren't made like they used to be.A shame because I don't ever plan to sleep on a spring mattress ever again.

I wish you luck and hopefully a (happy) ending to this.