With Company response Not resolved

On May 22, 2016 for health we purchased the FLEX TOP ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS, base and all that goes with it, we found that the mattress was not right for us, we experienced more back and hip problems.June 10th we sent the mattress back, we were able to send the mattress back because of the 100 day return policy, which was great, however we could not send the base back due to the (NO RETURN POLICY), this policy I feel is a bad one considering the base is an important part of the adjustable feature of the sleep number flex top adjustable bed (this is what sales the bed) we hoped this would help our back, leg and hip pain, which it did not, so this is when we felt used, how could a customer know in advance that the $5000.00 flex top adjustable mattress and the $4000.00 base would not give you the comfortable rest you need until you slept on the mattress ?.

We have a base that we can't use meanwhile Sleep Number has the mattress to sell to someone else, which is good that the mattress can help their needs; I'm disappointed about the base policy, STUCK with a $4000.00 base that I can’t use. Be very careful when thinking about buying flex top mattress with a base, if the mattress is not good for you, the $4000.00 goes down the drain unless you have another mattress you can use it on. I am now backing to the traditional mattress. I'm sure the mattress is good for many people but not those who have special problems.

I pray that SLEEP NUMBER revise their policy on the BASE, it is too expensive to just keep in a closet and lose $4000.00. This to me is a scam if the mattress does not work; you are still out of an investment of which you cannot send back, trade in or use. PS.

I am selling the adjustable base, (ONLY USED FOR 3 WEEKS) if there is a website where I can put this on I will be grateful to anyone who knows where to sell it.Thank you very much Peggy P.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sleep Number. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sleep Number.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Sleep Number to other companies on our site.

Comments

SleepNumberCares
Plymouth, Minnesota, United States #1241261
Sleep Number Response

I can't apologize enough that you haven't had the experience you were hoping for with us, Peggy.We think it's important for you to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice due to their significant size and weight, which makes them difficult to ship back to our returns warehouse.

We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork.If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms of sale while you were in the store, please send me an email with some more details to CSDigital@SelectComfort.com with your review number (945248) and I can get in touch with your local store to check on this for you.

I hope to talk with you soon.

Alan S

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Steubenville, Ohio, United States #1238506

Sell it on craigslist....also never buy sleepnumber beds directly from the sleep number store as you will pay about 4 times more for them...i can pick up the adjustable base and bed the base is 1600 and queen bed 799 from a top selling bed store.Just a tip goes the same for tempure pedic as well.

Walmart tempure pedics are great and cheap...but a tip on those..that most people dont know....place the mattress on a normal mattress not the box spring and you will love it.....i have severe back problems so i have had to find something supportive that molds buts soft enough not to hurt me.Good luck