Sleep Number Bed Review from San Diego, California
I've had this bed for approximately 9 years and just discovered mold growing in the air hoses.My mom has one as well and recently had the insides replaced because the foam was covered with mold.
After a quick google I learned this a common issue with this bed and they have never issued a recall, which I believe they should have. My bed is currently outside on my porch because I believe it's a health issue. The customer service rep first told me that it is impossible for there to be mold in the air hose or air chambers because they are sealed. I told him I'd love to send him my airhoses so his company could see first hand the mold growing inside.
He continued to deny that there could be mold growing in there. Regardless of his denial he still offered to send me a new pump and air chambers, but he made it sound like he was doing me some huge favor by replacing these parts. At one point he said "these calls are being recorded and I have you on recording saying that your mom bought you the mattress, so technically your mattress is not warrantied, but I'm making an exception for you." Hmm, so you are telling me that if this mattress was a gift there is no warranty?? This really pissed me off, first of all isn't it illegal to record a phone call unless you tell someone?
So this guy was either lying or the company has illegal practices.
In the end I told the guy that I didn't want any replacement parts, I wanted him to tell the higher ups in the company about this problem and that they should address it.I plan on throwing this mattress in the trash.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
You May Also Like
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "Ordered online through Haggar.com what I thought would be quick & easy. Received wrong item first time, called & made arrangements for them to reship. Returned wrong item via..."
- "My husband and I bought a Lil Lodge December 2014. Visited their Mfg. plant and paid in full. We have yet to get our MOS or Point of Origin..."
- "i bought a set of 10 pieces lipsticks specific colors and the seller sent me different items(individual) and different colors. i ask for a refund because i lost money and..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."