Featured Not resolved
1.3
Style and Design

I've had this bed for approximately 9 years and just discovered mold growing in the air hoses.My mom has one as well and recently had the insides replaced because the foam was covered with mold.

After a quick google I learned this a common issue with this bed and they have never issued a recall, which I believe they should have. My bed is currently outside on my porch because I believe it's a health issue. The customer service rep first told me that it is impossible for there to be mold in the air hose or air chambers because they are sealed. I told him I'd love to send him my airhoses so his company could see first hand the mold growing inside.

He continued to deny that there could be mold growing in there. Regardless of his denial he still offered to send me a new pump and air chambers, but he made it sound like he was doing me some huge favor by replacing these parts. At one point he said "these calls are being recorded and I have you on recording saying that your mom bought you the mattress, so technically your mattress is not warrantied, but I'm making an exception for you." Hmm, so you are telling me that if this mattress was a gift there is no warranty?? This really pissed me off, first of all isn't it illegal to record a phone call unless you tell someone?

So this guy was either lying or the company has illegal practices.

In the end I told the guy that I didn't want any replacement parts, I wanted him to tell the higher ups in the company about this problem and that they should address it.I plan on throwing this mattress in the trash.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sleep Number and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sleep Number.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Sleep Number to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Sleep Number?

Comments

Irving, Texas, United States #1216421

If there is no air dryer, or faulty air dryer, on the compression unit moisture will get in and could cause mold.