Sleep Number Bed Review from San Diego, California
I've had this bed for approximately 9 years and just discovered mold growing in the air hoses.My mom has one as well and recently had the insides replaced because the foam was covered with mold.
After a quick google I learned this a common issue with this bed and they have never issued a recall, which I believe they should have. My bed is currently outside on my porch because I believe it's a health issue. The customer service rep first told me that it is impossible for there to be mold in the air hose or air chambers because they are sealed. I told him I'd love to send him my airhoses so his company could see first hand the mold growing inside.
He continued to deny that there could be mold growing in there. Regardless of his denial he still offered to send me a new pump and air chambers, but he made it sound like he was doing me some huge favor by replacing these parts. At one point he said "these calls are being recorded and I have you on recording saying that your mom bought you the mattress, so technically your mattress is not warrantied, but I'm making an exception for you." Hmm, so you are telling me that if this mattress was a gift there is no warranty?? This really pissed me off, first of all isn't it illegal to record a phone call unless you tell someone?
So this guy was either lying or the company has illegal practices.
In the end I told the guy that I didn't want any replacement parts, I wanted him to tell the higher ups in the company about this problem and that they should address it.I plan on throwing this mattress in the trash.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
You May Also Like
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "Horrible product and service. We ordered a King size adjustable bed last year. When it was installed by the Sleep Number "professional" installed and his temp helper they made a..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "My first order from Schwans will be my last! I tried out their products not because of convenience but because it sounded interesting. I received a box of..."
- "I purchased the Delonghi Pinguino portable AC 12,500 btu unit at Costco today for close to 400.00. What a hassle it was to bring the unit home and lug it..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."