1.6K views
1.8
Style and Design

I just got off the phone with Sleep Number returns. After paying over $8000 for an i8 split adjustable King and having it nearly cripple my wife and I we finally gave up and tried to return it.

We were informed that the fine print on the purchase agreement state that only the mattress can be returned and NOT the adjustable bases. We were only able to get HALF of what we paid back on the return!!

We've talk about the return policy with 2 different sales team and my parents bought an i8 just after us and also talked about the return policy with their sales team. At no time did anyone mention not being able to return the base.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleep Number Innovation Series Bed.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 07, 2017.

Comments

same exact thing happened to us....we got ours for $4700 ....two months after, my back was in more pain than ever, do to the up and down ....and of course because the bed is a piece of crap. then came the bomb!!!!!

as someone said, the fine print says only the Mattress, not the bed, the mattress is returnable.....so, we are on the *** of losing almost $3000 because we really dont care for the base and the base is 3 times more expensive than the Mattress then when talking about it to the sales person, here in Pembroke pines florida....i said " can i see all those papers again, my lawyers want to check the doc;s" just bcs i said that , now they escalated the issue to Corporate /legal...... it seems that the only people on earth that dont have a return policy on a base air pump is the sleep number people.....they keep saying "its Furniture" no is not..!!!! is an air pump attached to the mattress ....this people are liars , all of them....customer service, the sales people, all of them...... who in their right mind will agreed to something like this knowing about it????

who?

they are trained to screw you !!!! and thats exactly what they did to us.............now they are saying, well, you can use the base with any mattress...............I dont want the base , thats the point of the return, i dont want the base that does the up and down.....the up and down did nothing for my back, nothing at all..!!!

They are TERRIBLE with customer service. Hours on the phone....no one knows what is wrong with it...My C4 bed defective since day 1.

They wanted me to wait 10 days to get it replaced. I decided to tell them to come pick up the bed—I wanted to return it.

NOW, I have to wait 3 weeks for them to pick it upend get refund. I will tell everyone I know now how terrible they are.

Just happened to us. Same type of bed.

Was NEVER told the base was a different manufacturer and NOT covered by any sort of return policy.

Was told I can try the bed, and return in 100 days if not happy. Class Action.?

to Anonymous #1550723

thats correct!!! they never told us the base was not returnable.....is all a dirty gimmick

to Anonymous #1591049

I'm having the same issues with our bed return policy. will not return the base. its a piece of junk, needs wifi to operate,,,really.

I've had the same problem. Definitely do not recommend Sleep Number!

We have same problem. Tried to return, only getting 1/2 back.

Our loss is $3000 after 20 days.

There has to be a solution to this problem. Has an attorney ever been consulted?

to Linda #1385848

I also would like to know if anyone has consulted an attorney.

to Anonymous #1461581

Me too my sleep number is -$2999.99 for my adjustable base that cannot be returned.

to Linda #1493416

Yup same boat here. $4200 for adjustable base.

We are 6 days into the bed and hate it. Just found out about the non-refundable base!

to Anonymous #1550721

same happened to us...the more i read , the more pissed I'm getting.... my wife told customer service..."someday someone will blow up one of your stores" 15 minutes later , the pembroke pines police came to see my wife at her job at the bank...she is an executive banker and had to leave the office to speak to the police and almost had a heart attack........is there something we all can do against this company??

my name is Mario Escoto cell 954-815-5269 can we sue them as one of those massive sues, I'm sure there are many of them out there with the same exact issue because they dont tell you about the base not being returnable and people dont read the fine print bcs they do it a way that you are totally unconcerned about it.......they tell you, the bed, the bed .......then they tell you, ohhh the bed means the mattress only........if this is not a scam sham dirty gimmick I'm chinese!!!! animi not chinese by any means

to Linda #1550719

can we sued this liying people? maybe we all can get together and sue them...!!!!! we are also on the *** of literally losing $3000 bcs we dont like the base which is what does the up and down ,,,,,,,,horrible business this is....how can they sleep at night...wow