1.8
Style and Design

On the surface the split top bed features a much desirable independent height adjustment for the upper body.That is great if a gap between the flex mattress at the head portion of the bed would stay constant.

As the mattress is used, a gap that was about 2 inches is now about 7 inches and spreading. The result is a very uncomfortable sleep experience when your hand or head is caught in the middle. Just the other day I had to assist my wife by helping to pull her arm out of the gap after being stuck. This is not safe.

We have resulted to placing a pillow in the gap which is not comfortable at all. Calls to sleep number have resulted in no satisfaction and being told there is nothing they can do.

How nice of them.My recommendation is to stay away from the flex style mattress.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with in store customer service was very friendly and local store and people are great and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and lack of care after sale. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of i8 split king. Sleep Number needs to "replace mattress with one without split" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned i8 split king in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sleep Number.

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #1331097

We have the same issue with our split king.It's is like the grand canyon now.

I use regular sheets to try and hold or push the sides together, not effective.I am sorry I bought this style, it was so expensive I keep putting up with it but would never recommend it to anyone.